3 Simple steps:
- 10 weeks or later we get your blood test.
- Your blood sample is sent to the Harmony Laboratory to be analysed.
- Your results are sent back to us within 3-5 business days from receipt of sample.
What is Harmony?
When you’re pregnant, your blood contains fragments of your baby’s DNA.
Harmony Prenatal Test is a new type of test that analyses this DNA in a sample of your blood to assess the risk of Down syndrome (trisomy 21) and two other genetic conditions, trisomy 18 (Edwards syndrome) and trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome).
For all women traditional screening tests can miss as many as 15% of Down syndrome cases in pregnant women.
A more accurate test
Conventional screening will detect approximately 70-80% of pregnancies with Down syndrome.
The Harmony test will detect over 99%.
Harmony has a false positive rate of less than 0.1% compared to 5% with conventional screening.
This means that Harmony test detects more pregnancies with Down syndrome but also reduces the risk of unnecessary amniocentesis.
Harmony Prenatal Test requires a single blood sample from your arm and can be done as early as 10 weeks or later in pregnancy. Results are usually available within a week. Other commonly used tests for Down syndrome are performed later in pregnancy and require multiple clinic visits.
Minimises need for follow-up tests
The greater accuracy and low false-positive rate of Harmony compared to the traditional tests minimises the number of high risk results. Therefore fewer women will need follow up testing using an invasive procedure, such as amniocentesis.
Fetal sex chromosomes
Harmony Prenatal Test can also be used to evaluate X and Y sex chromosomes as early as 10 weeks.
Does a low risk result mean that the baby does not have Down Syndrome?
No, any screening test carries a risk of a ‘false negative’ however the risk of this happening with the Harmony is much lower than with conventional Down screening.
If I have a high risk result does that mean that the baby’s chromosomes are abnormal?
No, not necessarily. It means that there is a higher risk and you will be offered the option of amniocentesis to assess the chromosomes directly. You will be offered support and counselling to help you reach that decision.
What if I have twins?
The Harmony Non Invasive Prenatal Test and technology can also be applied to twin pregnancies but is not suitable in the case of a vanishing twin.
Will I always get a result?
3 out of 100 women will require a repeat test.
We receive a result in approximately two thirds of these samples. Patients will not be charged if we are unable to obtain a result.
Price – £399 including reassurance scan and consultation.
Antenatal Classes – Available at our Coventry Pregnancy studio
Full payment in advance is required.
If you need to cancel your booking prior to our attendance and this is more than 2 weeks before the session then we can provide a refund minus £5 admin fee.
If you need to cancel your course and it is less than 1 week before the first session then I am afraid no refund can be provided unless special circumstances prevail at the discretion of Professional Antenatal Services Ltd.
Facts about our classes
All our sessions are delivered and taught by experienced HND qualified antenatal educators and midwives that have been fully DBS checked.
Our sessions include a full information pack and ongoing support.
What happens after I book the classes?
We will take payment at the time of booking either via cash or card and send you a confirmation email with dates and times. If you do not receive this email or have any additional questions then please contact us.
Do you share clients details?
No! You will be asked when booking if you want to be added to our mailing list (this is a monthly email newsletter of information and special offers) and you can unsubscribe if you wish. We never sell or provide other companies with your details. We are also Data Protection registered.
Do I need anything for the sessions?
You don’t need anything unless other than any particular areas of discussion which we will discuss before the meeting. We will provide you with lots of handouts and information.
Labour TENs hire
TENs hire for Labour?
£22 for our 6 week hire.
Evidence shows that to achieve the best results the TENS should be used from the onset of labour. In order to build up endorphins (the body’s natural pain relievers) the TENS needs to be in place for at least 60 minutes before the full effectiveness can be felt.
How do I hire a TENs:
Please give us a call on: 01455 441036 and we can arrange delivery to your home in time for your 37th week of pregnancy Or pop into one of our studios and collect.
Alternatively we have TENs machines available to hire directly from any of our venues so you can pop in and collect.
When should I hire a TENs machine?
We would recommend you organise the hire of your machine in your 35/36th week of pregnancy to ensure delivery is in time for your 37th week of pregnancy. If you decide past this timeframe then give us a call and we can arrange immediate delivery for a small extra charge.
Whats included in the hire?
- Obi labour TENS unit with digital display
- Booster button
- Neck strap for ease of carrying
- 4 large 100mm x 50mm electrode pads. Brand new & sealed. The best size for labour. Re-usable, fine to test machine & use in labour, no practice pads needed.
- x2 AAA batteries (brand new & sealed, These will last 10-12 hours)
- Delivery postage
- Optional Guaranteed Next Day Delivery at extra cost.
When should I stop using or remove the machine?
When you remove the machine is completely up to you. It can be used in conjunction with gas and air to provide effective pain relief, and can be used for the duration of your labour. Often the effectiveness of the TENS machine is only realised once it has been removed.
What if I go over my due date?
Do not worry as no extra charges will be incurred. When you hire the TENS you will be given a return date of 3 weeks after your due date. This should give enough time if your baby is overdue. If you do require more time please just let us know.
Try to get help when positioning the pads. The electrode placement pads need to be positioned 4/5cm above and below an imaginary line drawn with the navel. 2/3cm on either side of the spine.
• Do not use before 37 weeks of pregnancy
• TENS must not be used by patient using a demand type pacemaker.
• Pregnant women and patients who have any heart disease or epilepsy should seek medical advice before using TENS.
• Never use TENS to mask undiagnosed pain as this could require urgent treatment and do not use in water
• TENS should NOT be used when driving or operating dangerous machinery
Terms and Conditions of hire:
1. The Labour TENS should only be used in accordance with the instructions provided and only by the Customer named on the submitted form.
2. The effectiveness of the TENS machine in your labour is not guaranteed.
3. The Labour TENS must NOT be used by anyone fitted with a cardiac pacemaker, who has a heart disease or suffers from epilepsy. If in doubt please consult a medical advisor prior to use.
4. The Labour TENS must not be used until the pregnancy has reached 37 weeks gestation or following advice from your midwife.
5. Failure to return the Obi TENs by the ‘Due back date’ may result in the Customer being charged £5 for every week over and above the hire period until the TENS unit is returned. If the unit is not returned for any reason the customer will be charged for that machine (see 7).
6. When returning the TENS unit the Customer must retain the certificate of postage for 3 months. In the event that the TENS is not received back at PAS premises, the certificate of postage must be produced. Failure to do so renders the customer liable for the full retail value of the TENS unit.
7. In the event of damage to, or loss of the TENS unit by the customer, the full retail value less the hire charge is payable to PAS Ltd by the customer.
8. Non-use of the hired TENS machine is entirely at the discretion of the customer and no refund will apply once the machine has been dispatched.
9. TENS machines are fully tested prior to dispatch. However, the liability of the TENS unit shall not exceed the hire charge and we strongly advise a practice run to ensure you are happy with the hire.