Baby casting, pregnancy casting, body casting, pet casting, outprints
We are happy to cast anything! Available from birth up to any age life casting can capture some of the most precious moments in all walks of life.
We use skin safe, natural products whilst creating an exact replica of your baby’s, pets, family members hands and/or feet.
We welcome bespoke ideas and designs. We can also offer a full replication service if you have had a previous cast with another provider or just ned a duplicate. Please do not hesitate to contact us and we can discuss your needs.
Baby 2D Outprints
Baby outprints are another precious keepsake offering the perfect 2D print from either hands or feet. Taken in soft clay and then plastered and decorated, these items can be hung or framed
- Please do not wear your best clothes to the session. Although all our products wash out we would not want to make you a pile of washing!
- We will provide you with an apron or protective sheets. Dependant on what is being cast you might be asked to apply some vaseline, oil or just warm water prior to the commencement of the cast
- The process may be completed in the standing position or seated depending on the type of cast.
- Once everyone in the party is ready we will begin mixing the powders and commence the cast, the liquid will be cool to the touch. Once you have inserted your hand/foot it is important to keep as still as possible.
- On some rare occasions the cast does not take well enough for our high standards and we will contact you to return and repeat.
- The cast takes around 2 weeks to dry fully. We then begin the finishing and mounting process. In total from cast to completion we are looking at around 4 weeks.
- Allergies – Our product very rarely causes any reaction as is commonly used in the mouth but if you are prone to reactions please inform us so we can perform a skin test prior to the booking.
- For children under 3 years it is advisable to bring a comforter, toy or distraction, we are happy for you to feed too. I am afraid sometimes small baby’s don’t like the shock of the cooler water and this may provoke a small cry which will hopefully subside.
We can also take full hand holding family casts, wedding casts, christening casts… even little bottom casts!
In loving memory – we can offer to take casts in a sensitive, thoughtful way and visit hospitals and your home to ensure memories are captured forever.